Courses & Classes
We run a range of courses and regular classes – so there’s something here for just about everyone!
- Taster Sessions – Your first stop at Fit and Happy Outdoors if you have no experience of Nordic Walking. Learn one end of the pole from the other, experiment with them. 45 minutes that will help you decide whether Nordic Walking is for you. Find out more
- Learn to Nordic Walk – Unless you’ve already earned your Freedom/Competence Card elsewhere, you’ll need to do this course before joining a regular class. 4 x 1 hour sessions which will get you Nordic Walking with confidence. Find out more
- Workout Walks – Generally about 1 hour long and designed to help you keep improving and get noticeable results. Expect to be made to work to the point where you’re slightly out of breath for 10-15 minutes of the hour. Find out more
- Adventure Walks – we visit all the best places in the local area, using footpaths, woodland trails and river side walks. Walks last 1.5 – 2 hours and are all about the social aspect (often there will be a stop for a cuppa, or maybe something stronger!) Find out more
- Holidays and Weekends – we regularly organise Nordic Walking holidays and weekends, both in the UK and overseas. These weeks and weekends are an excellent and fun way to to explore new landscapes, get fitter, to re-energise your mind and to meet and enjoy the company of likeminded people.