Get fit with us!
How does that sound to you, to be fit and happy? To have lots of energy and feel good in your skin?
Nordic Walking feels great. You will have fun, make new friends, and you can chat and laugh. In the meantime, you will improve your fitness levels. Being outside in the green will make you feel good, and when you get home, you will have a healthy glow. Your body will feel stronger, you will feel healthier and more flexible. Feeling better might even inspire you to eat healthier, and some of our members have lost over 20 kilos in a year.
We will be there to cheer you on, every step of the way, and give you a hug when you need it, too.
When we are Nordic Walking, we plant the the poles behind us in order to propel us along. This engages our upper body and makes us feel lighter on your feet. This has some real advantages:
- Every one can learn to do it, thick, thin, old or young, arthritic knees or fit as a fiddle
- You use 90% of your major muscles so your upper body gets toned as well as your legs and backside!
- You can burn 20–45% extra calories by using the poles – this can really help with weight loss
- It takes the pressure off your knees and joints and is great for back and neck problems
- You can get the most out of even a fairly short walk!
If you have never tried Nordic Walking before, it might seem we are just walking with poles. I know that is just what we do, but it is the special technique that makes Nordic Walking so effective. It takes a bit of getting used to, and we would love to show you the way.
How about giving it a go?